Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fingerless Mitt Envy

















In my previous post, I spun up some nice blue merino wool from Ashland Bay Fiber which I had purchased at a Sheep & Wool Festival. This is the finished product is the result of one of the first fibers spun on my new Heavenly Handspinning wheel.

Because I had around 200 yards, it called for a small project and I chose "Mitt Envy," a free pattern from Ravelry.  I used a Size 1 needle although the yarn was a little thicker.  It produced a very tight fabric, making those twists a little hard at times.

I will have to alter the pattern if I ever have to make them for larger hands that mine. Either that or use a Size 2 or Size 3 needle. The pattern was easy to follow and the newly spun up yarn gave off some nice blue and purple hues that will look great this winter with my violet pea coat.

If you would like to see more of my spinning projects, please visit my spinning blog "debknitsnspins.blogspot.com."





No comments: