Sunday, July 19, 2015

Flo the Elephant - Part II


I was thrilled when my cousin told me his wife, Tiffany was pregnant and immediately told them both that I would knit anything they wanted.  The baby's room was decorated in an animal theme and she wanted "Flo the Elephant" which I had done for a friend's daughter a while back.

The pattern is free on "knitty.com" and very simple to work up.  It took me a while to find exactly the right colors.  They were having a girl, so the color pink was a given and I wanted to find a green to make it really pop.  I knit it up on US Size 4 needles with Plymouth Encore worsted weight yarn.  While the pattern called for 100% wool, Plymouth's acrylic/wool blend did the trick.  Instead of embroidering the eyes, I chose safety eyes which worked out better and even added the daisy stitch flowers with the pink yarn.

The recipients couldn't be happier with the results.  In fact, the gift was such a big hit, I got a request for another!!!

No comments: