Friday, August 7, 2015

Baby, Baby, Baby.....



When I returned from vacation, I couldn't wait to raid my stash yarn to make some more goodies for my new little cousin, Emily.  The center pair of socks were made from Online Supersocke, a 100% wool yarn I used to make my first pair of socks.  I love the way the striping works out with the colors, while the pink gives it the "girly girl" look.  I improvised on the pattern by gauging the size of her feet and comparing it to other baby sock patterns.  The cuff was a simple 2x2 rib, followed by the "Fish Lips Kiss" short row heel.

The booties on the right were made with Paton's Kroy sock yarn that was left over from a pair of socks I had made for myself.  The pattern "Magic Slippers," is free on Ravelry and is a very easy pattern to follow.  What attracted me to it was that it was knitted in one piece, eliminating the need to seam up the back.  It is also easy enough to make larger or in a heaver weight if desired.

The booties on the left were made from left over Plymouth Encore yarn from the "Flo the Elephant" project.  A simple "Mary Jane" booties which are also free on Ravelry.  I found many variations.  This pattern was easy to follow as well, calling a mattress stitch to sew up the back heel.  Although it was done in all garter stitch, the seaming worked out fine.  The buttons were found at Hobby Lobby.  Their light pink with a center rhinestone gives the proper amount of bling for our new little princess.

No comments: