Saturday, August 8, 2015

Undulated Ribbed Trekking Socks

 I needed a quick and easy project to do while I was on vacation and I hadn't knit up a pair of socks in a long time.  I had this perfect ball of Deborah Norville Serenity sockweight yarn I had purchased from Joanne's.  

The hard part, though was to find the perfect pattern that would quickly knit up.  I ended up modifying a free "trekking" pattern on ravelry.com.  While the original pattern called for the two alternating ribs from the cuff down, then stockinette stitch down to the heel.  I though that was incredibly boring so I continued the rib in alternating rows.  The stripping of the yarn contributed to a nice undulating pattern.  For the heel, I used the "Fish Lips Kiss" heel which worked out well.  

I love the result of my first attempt to step out of my comfort zone by modifying a pattern.

No comments: