Friday, July 31, 2020

Tamarix Throw


I saw this in the Fall 2010 Issue of Interweave Knits, and had to knit it up.  When I started this project in 2012, it was intended to be a wedding gift for a friend.  However, the intended recipient changed again and again.  When I finally finished it in 2018, it was given to my sister as a "wedding/birthday/christmas/anniversary" gift.

The Tamarix Quilt is a 36" x 36" quilt is perfect for either a throw or baby blanket.  This piece is made up of 100 mitered squares.  I was especially intrigued with the "knit as you go" rather than seaming the pieces together.  This method is quite easy once you get the hang of it, but I wish the pattern had given more guidance in where to begin in the pattern.  I chose to go left to right, bottom to top.  It did become problematic in some parts, but I made do.  When I do this project again, I would start from the center squares and work my way out.

I used Brava Worsted from Knit Picks.  This is a top product with great value.  I have had success using this yarn for several projects.  It was the perfect weight for this project.
 


No comments: