Sunday, September 25, 2016

(Not So) Vanilla Latte Socks


 
I've been wanting to make a pair of socks for my cousin for a while, but never had her foot size.  On a recent trip back home, I was able to take proper foot measurements and get started.  Hannah was more than happy to be the recipient of one of my creations, but had one condition.  She didn't want me to spend too much on the yarn.  I assured her that I had tons in my stash, but she insisted that we take a trip to Joanne's to pick out something for her.  

I have always admired Paton's Kroy Sock Yarn.  An inexpensive, but extremely durable yarn is such a great value.  They also have a great selection of colors as well.  The colorway that Hannah chose was "Meadow Stripes."  It turned out to be a great choice for the Vanilla Latte Sock pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes I chose for her. 

As you can see, Hannah was more than happy with the results.

No comments: