Saturday, September 24, 2016

Is that a Family Name?


I have discovered and fallen in love with the yarnbox subscription.  Every month with perfect timing I get the most wonderful packet of sock yarn and a suggested pattern.  This shipment of Louet Gems Fingering yarn in "CandyApple Red," "Flourescent Green," and "Peacock" featured the sock pattern "Tilson Socks," by Jessica K. Larson.  I couldn't wait to try this pattern for two reasons.  One, I really wanted to do a sock project to perfect my striping technique and second, the name of the pattern.  My mother's maiden name is Tilson; I thought it a remarkable coincidence.  I love how the colors blended together.  I got many compliments on these socks and plan on doing them again, but in the smaller size.  With no stitch pattern, these "vanilla socks" are better knit up in a smaller size.

No comments: