Sock Innovation project #5, Vilai, was a challenging project. You'll need to use all your powers of memory, focus and attention to stay on pattern. I had to break out my colored pencils to delineate breaks in the pattern, as well as stitch markers, and lifelines.
I did have to rip out the first sock several times, then it all came together in the second sock. I used some lovely Madelintosh sock yarn that I had received in a previous swap. The yarn is a nice rich forest green with flecks of brownish gray and teal. I didn't want to do a variegated yarn because I wanted this pattern to really pop. I used a size one needle for these instead of a size two called for making the fit much better for my small feet.