Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cedar Leaf Shawlette



One of my favorite knitting podcasts is "Never Not Knitting." The host, Alana Dakos is a knitter and a designer. When she released the designed this shawlette, I had to make one for myself. 

The pattern called for Handmaiden Lady Godiva, a 50/50 silk and wool blend. It took two hanks to make up this beautiful garment. 

Although it looks complicated, it was quite easy. Like I said, "all you have to do is read and count." I would love to make another as a gift for someone very special. I can't wait for the weather to turn a little colder so that I have an excuse to wear it. The ice blue will look great against my purple coat.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

WOw yours is beautiful.
I will have to check out the pattern if you say it is doable.

Hi from DRT land. Im visiting all the blogs from the DRT list today.
Kathy b
purlsgonewild team