Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Last Minute Christmas Scarves


These Keyhole scarves are were made this Christmas for my mom and sister.  It was a free pattern provided by Koigu and requires around 100 yards of fingering weight yarn.  The pattern doesn't specify a needle size, but I used a Size 7.  

The scarf on the right was made from Online Supersock which was leftover from my first pair of knitted socks.  The scarf on the right was hand spun merino wool that I had purchased in Lancaster County, PA a few years ago.

The pattern was very easy to follow.  The only difficulty was dividing the stitches to make the "keyhole" portion.  However, even a beginning knitter can accomplish this project.  The pattern was a simple rib, but I can see how you can modify the scarf with different rib patterns.

I love the way both scarfs knitted up.  It was interesting to see how different yarns created the same scarf, but with a little twist.

No comments: