Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sock Innovation - Rick

It's been a while since I've been working on the Sock Innovation Project.  A January surgery as well as full time classes sidelined me from working on the project. 

I made these Rick Socks with a nice red/orange colorway.  I like how the "racing stripes" came out.  The pattern was easy to work up.

In hindsight, I wish I had waited until my shoulder had healed more before I started the second sock.  The first sock was pre-surgery and the second-post surgery.  You can certainly tell which is which.  The second sock is a lot looser then the first.  While I do plan on doing this pattern again, I am tempted to rip out the other sock completely and start over.  We'll see if I have the nerve to that.  Coming next, Milo....................

No comments: