Monday, June 9, 2008

Hard Candy



I saw this pattern on lionbrand.com. I wanted to make it and was waiting for that special occasion. It came when my friends and co-workers Jess and Chris were married on June 7. I wanted to do an afghan/throw, but wanted to add a little zip. This was a perfect project. All the colors eld together and as I was working it up, all I could think of was "hard candy." It reminded me of the hard candy that my grandmother always had in her candy dish.

I hope that my friends like their special gift, as it was special for me to work up. You can find the pattern online at lionbrand.com, however, I would buy two of every color and three of the chocolate brown. I used lion brand wool-ease which was great to work with.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The blanket is gorgeous!! I'm sure your friends will love it. You must've put so much time in on that!

Mary said...

Gorgeous! Simply Gorgeous! I love the colors!