Sunday, December 29, 2013

Burburry Paid Forward

I had plenty of Lion Brand Chunky yarn from the Robin's Egg Hat project for my friend, Tracey.  I realized the best use for it would be to make something to go with the hat.  I found the "Burberry Inspired Cowl" on ravelry.com.  It called for a silky yarn in a solid, but I'm very happy the way this turned out.  It's a very easy pattern to knit up.  You cast on 58 stitches in a provisional cast on and knit one long strip.  There are 16 stitch cables within the pattern to give it a "stacked" look.  This was not the first time I had done a provisional cast on.  I did use a super chunky yarn along with the working yarn.  If I were to do this again, I'd to the provisional cast on with two needles together.  By doing this, the live stitches at the bottom would be easier to pick up when you're done.  I thought it would call for a three needle bind off to connect the ends, but it had me do a kitchener stitch instead.  It was tedious, but worth the work when I saw the finished result.  I can't wait to give this to Tracey!!!

No comments: