Monday, December 9, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like....................






I don't usually consign, but when my co-worker asked me to do this for her, I couldn't resist.  Her daughter and partner had just adopted a beautiful baby boy and for their first Christmas with baby Jones, who could resist these cute stockings.  

I'm not sure where the pattern came from, but they worked up very easy.  After all, their just large socks.  However, I had one complaint; one stocking had a cool nordic snowflake design, but the pattern wasn't included in the pattern.  I had to search on ravelry.com for a nordic design.  I was having so much trouble doing the duplicate stitch that I just gave up and put a patchwork design on top, making a little pocket.  I think it looks rather nice.  

The name was to be embroidered, but I have no patience for that.  What I did instead was make a long, thin i-cord and tacked the name onto the stocking.  It's not perfect, but it's better than anything I could embroider.  I am hoping that the stockings are enjoyed for years to come.

No comments: